Last updated on Apr 6
5 min read
Users are members of your teams using Samespace, either through the dock or web interface. Samespace has four predefined user roles, each with specific capabilities.
User Roles and Privileges:
Admin: This role is the superuser of your Space account. Only the Administrator can view analytics and reports of all teams.
Manager: This role can monitor and coach team members, access analytics, add or remove members, and change inbound/outbound settings. Managers can also assign supervisor and agent role privileges to a user.
Supervisor: This role can monitor and coach team members, access analytics, add or remove members, and change inbound/outbound settings for their team.
Agent: This role has access to making and receiving calls and chats. Agents do not have access to the web app.
How to Invite Users to Space:
You can add users to your space in two ways: manually inviting individual users or adding multiple users simultaneously.
Option 1: Manual Invite:
Step 1: Navigate to the "Users and Team" section in your Samespace account and click on the "Invite" button. Step 2: Add the necessary details and click on the "Invite" button. While inviting users, the admin can decide the privilege for new users as well as assign teams.
Option 2: Bulk Upload:
Step 1: Navigate to the "Users and Team" section in your Samespace account and click on the "Invite" button. Step 2: Upload a CSV file containing the name and email addresses of the users to be added to the platform, select their team and roles, and click "Invite".
Note: When using the upload option, you can only assign one kind of role to all the users mentioned on the CSV file. You can later edit and change the privileges for users individually.
Important: While adding user roles, it is mandatory to fill the "Teams" field.
The invited user will receive an email from Samespace. The invited user must create an account by providing basic info like first name, last name, and password. Depending on the user privilege, invited users will be redirected to Samespace or Chrome Store.
How to Edit Users Information on Space:
The user profile can be edited in the "Users + Team" section. Navigate to the "Users" section and double click on the user name for whom the information needs to be updated.
- Email: Contains the email address of the user.
- Username: Contains the username of the user.
- Phone Number: Contains the phone number.
- Teams: Displays the name of all the teams where the user is a participant.
- Skills: Used to input the skills of the user.
- Languages: Contains the languages the user is proficient with.
- Privilege: Used to assign the access level to the user.
- Location: Displays the location of the user.
You can override the team settings and set up personalized settings using the phone section.
- Phone ID: Contains the phone number of the user.
- Caller ID: Identifies an incoming caller by a name and phone number.
- Local presence caller ID: Enables setting up caller numbers with different country codes.
- Call Recording: Enables recording of all answered calls.
- Voicemail: Used to drop pre-recorded voicemail messages on the voicemail of the called party.
- Call Forwarding: Users can forward any incoming calls to their phone. This PSTN number should be put inside the "Forward To" field. The format must be a complete number, including the country code, with no use of special characters.
Channel: Controls the communication channel handled by the user.
- Phone - Users will be allowed to only handle calls. No chats will be offered to this user.
- Chat - Users will be allowed to only handle chats. For this channel type, users cannot make outbound calls and will not be offered any incoming calls.
- All - Users can handle both phone and chat communication channels. This is the default Channel of all users.
Allow SIP Clients: Enables external SIP endpoints for receiving calls.
Dock: When enabled this will help you override global dock settings.
- Auto Hide Dock: Hides the Samespace dock after 10 seconds of inactivity
- Auto Pause No answer: Automatically changes the state of the dock after the user has missed an incoming queue call or chat
- Auto Answer: Automatically answers the incoming call on the dock after ringing for the provided duration
- Mask phone number: Masks the Callers actual phone number and displays only the caller ID that is set.
- Hide call history: When enabled, hides caller information and calling history.
- Click to Call: Allows the user to directly call the number from webpages
- Block Manual Dialing: Prevent users from manually dialing numbers on the dock
- Simultaneous channel handling: Allows agents to handle call and chats simultaneously
- Chats per user: Sets the number of chats a user can handle at one time. Max limit is 5
- Phone Endpoints: Enables to specify which endpoints will be used (Endpoints specify the location for receiving calls)
- SIP: It uses external SIP endpoints for receiving calls. The SIP endpoint can be configured on a softphone or hard phone.
- External: It uses a phone number as an endpoint for receiving incoming calls.